Bell Big 5 MTB
Published: 27 February 2018
As the main sponsor of the Bell Big 5 Mountain Bike Series in 2014, Bell Equipment is proud to announce a commitment to the 2017 event. The Bell Big 5 is an exciting five race challenge that takes riders through some of the most beautifully picturesque and rugged areas of rural Zululand, including farm lands, sand forest and indigenous bush, often including scenic single-track sections.
Our company has a strong association with mountain biking having launched the country's first sponsored ladies team in 2008. Since then we have continued to sponsor youth rider, Hayley Smith, who achieved her SA Colours in 2013.
Mountain biking has great synergy with our business because it is an outdoors, rugged and physically challenging sport. It has great family appeal, which ties in well with the Bell family ethos. The sport is also fast growing and a large number of our employees, customers and suppliers are mountain bikers so our sponsorship of the Bell Big 5 Series is a great way of connecting with our stakeholders and supporting our local community.
Bell Big 5 Series 2017 rides:
- Race # 1 : Zini River Estates Buffalo MTB race 14 May (Sunday) Zini River Estates Buffalo MTB Race postponed: The first race of the series has been postponed due to the extreme weather and for riders safety. The race will now be on Saturday the 20th of May 2017. Registration has also been extended to Wednesday the 17th of May 2017.
- Race # 2 : Empangeni Leopard Chase - 25 June (Sunday)
- Race # 3 : Kwambo Lion MTB race - 16 July (Sunday)
- Race # 4 : Hluhluwe Rhino charge - 03 September (Sunday)
- Race # 5 : Monzi Hippo MTB race - 01 October (Sunday) - Series prize giving immediately following the area prize giving
NB: Please note there has been a swop between the Monzi and Hluhluwe Races due to the school holidays http://www.big5mtb.co.za/about/news
Each race is geared to accommodate all ages and fitness levels, featuring a 10km, 25km and 50km ride for all age groups.
Visit www.big5mtb.co.za for more information.
2017 Race Dates: